Sunday, November 21, 2010

More problems with Safaricom 3G


So I recently bought a Safaricom 3G modem because I was tired of waiting for Zuku to bring fibre to the crib(network like the wind Zuku,we need that net).I sadly parted with 3000 to pay for it but at least I got 300mb free(it didn't even last me 4 hrs,I surf like a mad person,16 pages at once).So I thought I'd give the Bamba Unlimited a try so I parted with another 1000 to load up the bundle.So I surfed the whole of Saturday and I was pretty impressed because I was sure I had passed the 300mb limit and I was shocked at how fast it still was.After I passed the 600mb mark the modem disconnected itself and when I hit up the customer care line 100(its been a while,didn't know they got some automation to answer the phone,so as soon as it answered the phone I started talking to it,took me a while to notice it was a comp) and got no helpful info so I hit them up on twitter only to find that I wasn't alone and many more people were experiencing the same thing.Apparently they introduced an offer recently that offered 100% more on the limited bundles which is now interfering with the Bamba Unlimited.Why?because they use the same number 450 i.e texting 999 to 450 instead of giving you 300mb and unlimited 32kbps internet(blazing fast speed if the year was 1994) it gives you 600mb limited internet.Now am no software developer or rocket scientist but you want to tell me that no one noticed the numbers were the same before they though this offer up,I mean seriously safaricom you guys are just taking us for fools now,you really thought no one would notice.I am by no means a person of conspiracy theories but this just stinks of corporate gameplay.You noticed that people rarely exhaust their bundles before getting new ones so you decided to unleash this 100% more offer(notice that in a characteristic safaricom fashion they draw you in with the big numbers i.e 100% more of 10 is 20)so that more people can get the bundle and not notice that they have taken the wrong one,and then you make the offer only a month long(wow,as in seriously only akina Scooby Doo would fall for such crap).Another thing that makes me angry is that no one else in the country have 3G and so their milking us dry while they still have the time(before you comment,what Orange have is not 3G,its EVDO,its like 3G but it isn't).Since I know am not the only one angry the comments section is open for all who want to insult Safaricom,no restrictions,let your angry heart free!